NPSO 2016 Annual Meeting
The Emerald Chapter is very excited to be offering 2016 Annual Meeting field trips to some of “our” favorite places up the McKenzie and nearby areas.
Short trips will be offered Friday afternoon, July 15, and Sunday morning, July 17. All-day trips will be offered Saturday, July 16, at a variety of levels from short, easy outings to strenuous botany hikes. In addition to “regular” trips, several trips will offer a special, related focus: bryophytes, butterflies, ethnobotany, ferns, lichens, photography and pollinators. These field trips will include stops or hikes with great wildflower displays as well as attractions in their area of special focus. For those who prefer to explore on their own, we also list two nearby self-guided hikes.
The following links provide a wealth of information to help you choose which trips are the best for you:
- Overview Map -- shows locations of all field trip trailheads on one map.
- Field Trip Comparison Table -- lists all trips with leader name(s), trip length, elevation gain, difficulty rating, outstanding features and more in a condensced format. Links from this table will take you to more detailed information including trip descriptions, leader bios, and plant lists (Please see NOTES below).
- Information For All Trip Attendees -- highly recommended!
- Key to Central Cascades Castilleja species -- * New *
Please email me if you still have any questions about the trips after checking the above references.
Bruce Newhouse, Field Trip Chair
- All mapping is approximate.
- Car-oriented trip maps have roads marked in creamy color. Hiking trips do not have access roads mapped, but have trails mapped in pink.
- If you find a problem in this information, please notify the Field Trip Chair: email@example.com.
- Parking passes may be needed at some destinations. See the Information for Attendees sheet.
- Pdf files can be loaded on your phone or notepad for field use.
- Many of the hikes are in William Sullivan’s book 100 Hikes in the Central Oregon Cascades. That book now is available for iphones and ipads. At this time (Feb. 19), not available for Android OS.
If you have questions that aren't answered here, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.